Residents, Fellows & Post-Doc Engagement
These efforts aim to fully integrate and engage Residents, Fellows, & Post-Doctoral Fellows voices within the planning and development of initiatives to create a more inclusive health sciences learning and work environment. Increased attention will be placed on increasing recruitment and retention of URM Residents, Fellows, and Post-Doctoral Fellows in health sciences.
NEW & SUSTAINED ENGAGEMENT:
- Changing the Face of Science – Diversity Speaker Series
- In collaboration with the DEI Office, CoHD, and Health Science Schools, a total of 6 Speakers (3 per semester) will present on topics specific to the discipline.
- The goal of the Changing the Face of Science – Diversity Speaker Series is to provide research trainees with a visual representation of themselves as successful scientists. These research seminars will provide an inclusive and interactive space for scholarly exploration across multiple health science disciplines and support a collaborative environment for attendees. Topics will range from basic science to clinical and translational research and will examine a range of diseases.
- Ensure each school/department creates a meaningful diversity statement.
- Guarantee early interviews for IMSD undergraduate and PREP post-baccalaureate scholars who are applying to VCU graduate programs
- IMSD undergraduate and PREP post-baccalaureate scholars who are in good standing both academically and in their research laboratories should be guaranteed early interviews for VCU graduate programs in the School of Medicine (and other VCU programs).
- Ensure all new faculty participate in diversity training.
Amy Miller, Ed.D. – email@example.com
Kevin A. Harris, PhD, MSA – firstname.lastname@example.org